ByKOLLES Racing will take part in the 2018/19 Superseason of the World Endurance Championship (WEC), competing again in the LMP1 class. During a press-conference held in Paris today, Series Promoters of WEC have confirmed the entry of the Greding-based private Team to the Championship which includes two times Le Mans 24hrs race. ByKOLLES confirms also Oliver Webb (GB) as its first contracted driver.
“We look forward to the coming tasks of WEC season with enthousiasm. In particular, we perceive the Le Mans events, which will see our team this year in June entering it for the 8th time, as special highlights” says ByKOLLES chief of race operations, Boris Bermes. “Competition in LMP1 will be drastically different to previous years, given the withdrawal of Porsche and new private teams joining. We significantly changed and improved our package in recent months and our Enso CLM P1/01 car has been provided with extensively tested updates so that we can expect to be at the top in a competition which is becoming more and more exciting. We are delighted to confirm Oliver Webb as one of our drivers and we will announce the full drivers line-up in the coming weeks”.
“I am excited to having the chance of staying with ByKOLLES Racing for the coming Superseason ” says Oliver Webb, ” we never had such good possibilities to succeed as today although there will be a fierce opposition in the LMP1-L class like never before and I ‘m proud of being part of it, for which I feel grateful towards the team. We intensively tested during winter and we are confident on our package performing well on track”.
06. – 07.04.2018 – Prolog in Le Castellet (FRA)
03. – 05.05.2018 – 6 hours of Spa-Francorchamps (BEL)
16. – 17.06.2018 – 24 hours of Le Mans (FRA)
17. – 19.08.2018 – 6 hours of Silverstone (GB)
19. – 21.10.2018 – 6 hours of Fuji (JAP)
16. – 18.11.2018 – 6 hours of Shanghai (CHN)
16. – 17.03.2019 – 1,500 miles of Sebring (USA)
02. – 04.05.2019 – 6 hours of Spa-Francorchamps (BEL)
15. – 16.06.2019 – 24 hours of Le Mans (FRA)